Upon making our decision to move to Japan, Andrea agreed with one condition, that is that the meetinghouse that we would attend would need to be and feel like we were in Utah. She wanted the convenience of being able to walk to the church if she felt like it. She wanted the atmosphere of a meetinghouse in Utah. Well.... We are blessed to have our current meetinghouse just a 5-8 minute car ride away. Right after we arrived we were told that we would be blessed to have a new meetinghouse built. The current building is a rented space on the 3rd and 4th floor of a very old building. We were extremely excited about the news. We learned shortly there after that the new building would be built less than a 5 min bike ride from our home. The building would be able to handle about 50 cars in the parking lot and the chapel would be able to seat around 120 people. The building plans were shown and to our surprise and delight the building looks just like a "mini chapel" that would be in Utah. We are only lacking a cultural hall in the new building! We are sooooo excited! I know that the members here in Marugame have been praying and working so hard to get a new building. They have been meeting in the same old, smelly, building for as long as I have been alive! Yes.... 37+ years!
I am so grateful to a Father in Heaven who is willing to answer the prayers of the faithful saints here in Marugame. He is also willing to answer the prayers of a faithful mother willing to be as a pioneer of old. Pack up her family, sell her belongings and travel thousands of miles from Salt Lake City to a new land. A land where the Gospel of Jesus Christ is little known. Where Christianity is the minority. Where she would need to adjust to a new way of living! This mother is willing to support her husband in his calling in building the kingdom here on earth. This mother faithfully prays and reads scriptures with her children even when dad is not available. She is a true example of her Pioneer and Native American ancestry. She is willing and able to make her home a heaven on earth! I love this woman! She is an inspiration to me and my children!
Here are some pictures of the building progress of our new chapel! We will keep you updated with more!


Our new building is scheduled to be completed in February 2010! What a blessing to the Saints here in Marugame Japan!
1 comment:
Wow! It looks HUGE! I'm excited for you guys, I know I would miss the atmosphere of worship here in Utah. I thought it was hard to live in Vernal, but I'm amazed at you Andrea! You were always the one to go and try new things... so I'm amazed, but not surprised! Keep us posted! Lots of pictures!
Post a Comment