Saturday, September 5, 2009

Spencer Hos is HOME!

I just wanted to post a quick update on Hos and a big THANK YOU to you all! Hos was able to come home yesterday (Friday, our time) after a week in the hospital. He is still on his medications, but he no longer has an I.V., stomach cramps, or nausea. There are a few lingering "red spots", but we are hoping we are the tail end of the HSP. He still is on restricted activity to help reduce the chance of any more "red spots" and his immune system is still really compromised, so he has to wear a face mask and can't go out "more than necessary". It doesn't help to have 100+ students coming in and out of our house each week, but we are trying to confine Hos to the family room and disinfect as often as possible :) He now has the appetite of a ravaging beast and has already gained back 5 lb. of his 9 1/2 lb. loss. His kidneys seem to be looking better and they will continue to monitor them for the next 3 months or so. He still has almost a weeks worth of steroids left to take and will be on a blood thinner for about three months. IF all continues to go well, he will be able to try to go to school the week of Sept. 14th, with a face mask and on limited activity level, but it's been almost 2 months since he has seen any of his buddies, so I'm sure he won't care what he has to do to go.

Thank you so much for all your prayers, thoughts, and love! We are so grateful to have such great support and we have felt all of you over these last 3 weeks. We love you all! (I will get some photos this week and post them ASAP!)

3 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

Andrea, I am sooo happy to hear that Spencer Hos is home and doing well! I am sure it is hard for the little guy to be so confined, but relieved to be home! I pray he will be on a speedy road to recovery :)

Stephanie said...

GOOD GOOD GOOD! I am so glad he'll be OK. What a scare. Hope you all are doing OK.

Anonymous said...

What a breath of fresh air to have HAPPY news. God bless and we will continue to pray for you all.
XOXO-Kallas Family