I seem to forget how old my children are really getting! Or perhaps it is a conscious ignorance! Hos came home from school one day in January and Auntie Goober informed me that Hos was getting a permanent tooth. I didn't quite understand what she was saying because I was sure I didn't have a son old enough to loose a baby tooth let alone have a permanent tooth. Confused, I went to investigate and this is what I found....Shark Tooth!
I think we missed the part where the baby tooth gets loose and you wiggle it until it falls out! Hos just went straight to "the permanent tooth starts to come in". So the wiggling began! Unfortunately for Hos', the front portion of root was not letting go! This made for a sharp pain every time he tried to wiggle it. Well, after 3 weeks of only a few wiggles Auntie Goober took matters into her own hands and gave the tooth some real pressure. It was pretty uncomfortable for Hos, so he promised to work on it alone. Well, after about 15 min. and a few tears he said it was too sore to wiggle and too sore to eat anything, so now it was Mom's turn. The first twist almost made him refuse, but I was quick with the second and he was busy fighting back the tears!
My little Trooper didn't pull away or bite my fingers off as I finally got that root to let go! As I pulled the tooth out I asked him if it still hurt and he mumbled a yes. That's when I told him it shouldn't because I had just pulled it out. Here he is, still shocked the tooth was in my hand and trying not to cry!

He showed his dad the baby tooth was gone and the Shark Tooth is now just a permanent tooth. He didn't realize his mouth was bleeding until I was uploading the pictures this evening and he saw this one! He was surprised there was blood after losing his tooth and then he wanted to know WHY our teeth have blood. I guess he needs to spend some more time with Grandpa Chei watching surgery!

Here's the tooth! It's hard to see the sharp pointed part of the root that wouldn't let go, but after seeing it my mouth was sore!

Look mom! No more Shark Tooth!
He showed his dad the baby tooth was gone and the Shark Tooth is now just a permanent tooth. He didn't realize his mouth was bleeding until I was uploading the pictures this evening and he saw this one! He was surprised there was blood after losing his tooth and then he wanted to know WHY our teeth have blood. I guess he needs to spend some more time with Grandpa Chei watching surgery!
Here's the tooth! It's hard to see the sharp pointed part of the root that wouldn't let go, but after seeing it my mouth was sore!
Look mom! No more Shark Tooth!
1 comment:
His little face breaks my heart! Gage is working on a couple loose teeth right now, but I can't bring myself to help, I guess from the years of torture my mother put me through, pulling teeth, pulling hair and picking zits eh?
Post a Comment