So, How was your Weekend? Well, this is how ours was! We were so excited to have Julie back in Japan with us and we had a few days off from teaching so we decided to go to Osaka! I will be posting some of our favorite photos from our trip, but I had to put these on tonight! I figured you all would get a kick out of them, and now that Julie is back I actually have 20 minutes to post them! So this is a photo of Zack, Spencer Hos, Andrea & Julie falling to our deaths! One of our days in Osaka was spent at Universal Studios Japan. We were in line for the Jurassic Park ride and we noticed that some of the Japanese in line were "getting ready" to load by putting on plastic rain coats. Some were flimsy disposable ones, but some were obviously brought from home. With Julie & Hos posing, we "discretely" got a photo of these guys preparing!
Is it just me, or is that a little weird? Well, then we saw a vending machine that sold just the rain coats and we really laughed! Sometimes things in Japan seem really foreign and really funny!
We finally made it through the line and our boat floated up and as we were loading we noticed that the benches and rails were still wet. There was much more water than we had expected, but it still didn't seem too bad. Lucky us, we got the front seat! No problem, we can handle a little spray! The first part of the ride is a steep climb and I thought we would get wet right off. But there wasn't any drop we just floated along from dinosaur to dinosaur and I started wondering when the spray would come. Then you enter the main building and it is dark and there are velociraptors and others popping out of the darkness to scare you. But still no drop! Then the sounds of T-Rex overpower everything else and out of the mist a huge dinosaur comes towards you with it's mouth gapping wide! About this time we realized the drop was coming and braced ourselves for the fall, but as the mist clears the front of the boat tips and we got a real glimpse of the free fall. This was when the camera flashed! As you can see from the photo, it is much farther than we all anticipated!
I must say I think we were completely shocked by the drop, but even more shocked by the huge wave of water that washed up over the boat and drenched us all. We were soaked! I am sure if there would have been another camera after the fall, the shock of how wet we were would have been just as amusing!
Hos, Julie, Andrea, and Zack after the Jurassic Park Ride! Now those "silly rain coats" didn't seem so silly! Our legs and bottoms were even more wet! Maybe next time I'll pack my own rain coat!
No comments:
Post a Comment