Sunday, November 23, 2008

Osaka Aquarium with the Oni!

Our first day in Osaka we were so excited to start off at the Aquarium! The Aquarium is structured so you wind your way down around 14 elongated tanks. Each tank represents different environments from the Antarctic to the Aleutian Islands. The cool thing is you can see the animals at the top, say seals, basking on the rocks, then the deeper you go down you get to see the seals swimming, and even deeper to the bottom of the tank. There is a huge central tank which has a couple whale sharks and manta rays among other things. Unfortunately, Holden the Oni was NOT as excited!


Here is our screaming demon as I try to hold him and calm him down. Notice Hos trying to ignore him by watching the tank, and Julie just turned up her tunes to block out the distraction!


Here is Hos standing in front of the central tank with the HUGE whale shark lurking in the background. You should be able to blow up the photo by clicking on it so you can see it better.


Hos and Julie termed these fish "the boring fish" because all they did was swim around a huge central rock in their tank. I thought they were pretty cool because they would all change direction at the same time. Julie still claims it would be pretty boring going in circles all day, but I say the scenery changes as the people walk by so maybe they don't realize they are going in circles!


Finally, our little demon passed out! I still thought it would be the right time to offer him up to the Aquarium, I didn't want to drag a miserable little Holden around Osaka for the weekend.

Zack didn't think it was too amusing, so I changed the photo a little to redeem myself! Holden slept soundly unaware of any plan!

1 comment:

Peachy said...

hi, seems like you have been to a lot of places, your boy is adorable :), greeting from Malaysia, Marilyn