Thursday, August 7, 2008

Street Smarts

One of the amazing things about Japan is how conservative they are with their SPACE!  Take for instance their cars.  This is a picture of Auntie Goober & Hos in front of our MAGIC MOBILIO.  I say MAGIC because this little car can fit 7 people.  
Even though it is smaller than a minivan we still find ourselves doing more than 3-point turns in places.  This is a picture of our MAGIC MOBILIO pulling out of our driveway onto the street. We haven't hit the pole YET, but I can't say we haven't come close!

Another sign of their conservation of space is their ROADS.  The 2-lane roads here are often as wide as paved walking trails in Utah.  Sometimes passing cars can be tricky.  One morning when we were driving home we saw this car.  So much for getting to work on time!
This car landed right in the gutter.  The water you see is not the gutter, that is an empty rice field.  But the gutters are deep as you can see below : )
Good thing they drive on the left side of the car or this guy would have fallen right into the rice field.  





1 comment:

The last Unicorn said...

Jackson Clan!!! I am so glad your mom sent me your blog. What an amazing adventure you guys are having and it is fun to see how the kids are getting so big! I love your MAGIC MOBILIO. Not quite a dodge vehicle... but it seats like a caravan. You all look great and I look forward to seeing how the rest of your stay in Japan plays out :)
Love ya!
~Lori