Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recently


Well. Recently we have been extremely busy. I guess the everyone has been. :) Dre. Spencer, Holden and Julie all returned to Japan with me at the beginning of June. It was a long flight but we made it. The closest international airport is in Kansai, Osaka. After arriving we rode a bus to Marugame. We had 8 pieces of luggage and Holden's car seat with his stroller. I have no idea how we fit, all five of us, 8 pieces of luggage the stroller, car seat and Andrew in the Mobilio. We figure it is Magic. hehehe. Dre was so impressed that she thinks once it is time to get a new care we should get another one. I promised her when we got married that I would never "make" her drive a minivan. Well, I would not consider the Mobilio a minivan but it is of sorts similar. OH well. It is a great little car.

We have been adjusting to the weather slowly but surely. Kagawa is the driest area in Japan and it also has the most amount of sun. This is good, but it is also HOT.....The other day we went to Takamatsu to see a park and we found out that it was actually 37 degrees C that day. Okay so you might be saying, so what.... well 37 degrees C equates to around 100 degrees F. So let's just say HOT... plus you add in the Humidity of around 85-90% and bam it is HOT!!! Well needless to say it was a fun time and the park was beautiful. We all loved it. I will post some pictures.

We have been organizing the heck out of the school and house. We went from a 3100 square foot home in Salem to a 1500 square foot home here with more than 1/3 of that as our school. Dre is a trooper, and Goober is an amazing help. We have thrown out quite a bit of stuff and organized even more. It is gradually coming together.

We have been enjoying our time here and know that this is where we are supposed to be at this point in our lives. We love our branch and the members here. We love our students and families here. WE LOVE IT!! We miss you all! Please know we think of you and pray for you everyday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Organize, Organize, Organize! Of course you are. You are the most put together little family I have ever met. I love, miss, and pray for you all.
XOXO from the Kallas Clan

The Jacksons said...

Kallas clan.
We miss you all as well. Please save your change and come and visit us. We would love to have you guys. we are enjoying our time here and know it is the right thing. Zack was just made the Branch President. Crazy how things work.
Love you all... XOXOXO

Shima said...

I can't wait to see your organization. When I come in December, I know everything will have a place and it will be CLEAN! Love you tons, Shima